Latest posts by Jenn Misoulish (see all)
Hair Loss in Australia
In Australia, many men are experiencing constant hair loss. Australian Aboriginal backgrounds are more subject to having to deal with hair loss. This is effecting many different age ranges of men in Australia. So now we have to look at the facts and research behind why men’s hair loss is effecting all these patients of men in Australia. And maybe come to a conclusion of solving the issue at hand.
Hair loss is common
Men’s hair loss is a very common issue among most men. Practically all of a man’s hair loss starts off by patchy areas of baldness, resulting in receding hairlines. Which in the end makes most men embarrassed and in utter humiliation that they have to go through such an issue in their lives. Hair loss in men usually starts in their 30’s but can start as early as their mid-twenties. Hair loss is substantially a huge issue for most men that are particular to their appearance on a daily basis.
The medical term for men’s hair loss is known as androgenic alopecia, which starts off with thinning of the hair. Resulting in patchy bald spots along the man’s hairline. Hair loss is considered a genetic trait that is passed down from your parents. There is really no cure for hair loss, as once it starts happening it usually continues further into old age. Resulting in patchy spots to complete baldness of the hairline.
3 million cases
There are more than three million cases a year of men affected by hair loss. This makes it a very common issue for men worldwide. There are treatment options that can help, but there is no actual cure for bringing back a man’s hair. Treatments are as follows; medications over the counter and by prescription can, in fact, help regain hair to the patchy areas or the thinned out areas. Some doctors suggest patients get a hair transplant, which is done by a surgeon. Some men are advised to invest in wigs or hairpieces that can help cover up thinning areas of the scalp.
Who is affected most
Who does this affect? Most men in their mid-twenties to early thirties start experiencing hair loss. However, it can prolong and not start becoming patchy or thinning until older ages. It’s definitely factual to say that both men and women can lose up to 100 strands of hair daily. But some of those men and women can experience more fast hair loss. This then becomes the medical turn known as androgenic alopecia. Which is by far very common in today’s world. Normally, in the hair cycle, 90 percent of the hairs on a man’s scalp is in a growth phase which is known as anagen. The other 10 percent are mostly in a resting phase which is known as telogen.
Aproximately up to 100 telogen hairs fall out each day and are replaced by the growth of new hairs.
Male-pattern hair loss
In male-pattern hair loss, the hair follicles become sensitive to a male hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Dihydrotestosterone is a male hormone that comes from the conversion of testosterone.
The best doctor to see for hair loss is your Primary care provider, also known as PCP. Or you can also see a dermatologist who can help you decide which remedy and or solution is best for you.
The symptoms of hair loss go as follows; for male pattern baldness, the hair loss typically occurs on the top and front of the head. But, it can also appear in other areas too. Most of it is patchy areas where the hair is missing. Thinning of the hair is what you will notice the most. As it becomes nerve-wracking to see it daily. Androgenetic alopecia, male-pattern baldness happens as hormone levels change over the course of a man’s life.
Stress can play a huge part in why men are experiencing hair loss. Are they going through some kind of mid-life crisis? Are they experiencing an overload of stress at work? We have many questions we will ask ourselves. But the main picture is if we can change the results of men’s hair loss, can we help the many effected men in Australia change this condition to bring back their locks?